The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Software center download

Jedes mal wenn ich etwas aus dem Software Center installieren möchte kommt die Meldung -Requires installation of untrusted packages -. Bei allem, was ich installieren möchte. Kann mir jemand helfen?
Mein Rechner arbeitet mit einem Intel N2600 Processor 2G Ram
Danke Heinz

Post subject: Re: Software center download

That most likely means that your security certificates are out of date. Usually not a big deal. I simply proceed anyways and no ill effects to date.

HTH,
Christian

Ups, 'tschuldigung, hab gar nicht mitbekommen das du ja auf deutsch gepostet hast. Also, wahrscheinlich sind einfach nur die Sicherheitszertifikate fuer die Repositories abgelaufen sind. Entweder du ignorierst die Meldung einfach (hatte ich Mal bei Ubuntu 12.04 ewig lange ohne irgendwelche Probleme), manchmal hilft auch ein

sudo apt-get update

und

sudo apt-get update

HTH,
Christian

Hi Christian,

danke für Deine Hilfe, ich habe:
Sudo apt-get updat
ausgeführt, aber es ändert sich nichts.

Ich bekam beim update die Meldung:
Failed to fetch http://pa.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dis ... 6/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.149 80]

LG Heinz

http://navigatrix.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=687
Code:
sudo sed -i -e 's/archive.ubuntu.com\|security.ubuntu.com/old-releases.ubuntu.com/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Bob ist dein Onkel

Ah, OK, so it has to do with 13.10 being out of date and the repos are being removed.

@ Moe: is the new version (0.5?) based on LTS now?

Yes, that's my understanding...and yes, life teaches lessons every day.

Oh well, this is the famous update or die strategy of Ubuntu. The LTSes are much better in this regard. Until recently I used 12.04 and while still functioning, it was kind of a nuisance in the end. Core apps like for example the web browser were reasonably up to date, but to be frank almost everything else was not. Almost everything else was ancient and stuck with the version it had at the release of the distro 2012. Only the heavy use of PPAs and a lot of manual installs let me run the software versions I wanted.

So, as a system for everyday use it probably would be better to upgrade from time to time - let's say like every two years or so, or use something like Arch or Debian testing if you really want to run the bleeding edge stuff.

Using a LTS as a base for your own distro on the other hand makes a lot of sense. Your stashed away thumbdrive with Navigatrix on will work in the expected way, even 4 years from now and on a boat in remote places it probably doesn't matter that your Stellarium is not the nightly build. Also, noone hinders you to base Nx 0.6 off 14.04 as well.

BTW, talking of distros, did you have look at Xubuntu as a future base for Nx? I find it much more polished than Lubuntu and still very light on resources. I use it as my main OS now and feel like a really happy Linux user again for the first time since the demise of Gnome 2.xx. XFCE feels so much more like a real desktop environment than LXDE.

Keep up the good work and apollogies to the OP for hijacking the tread,
Christian

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024