The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: LinuxMint (Ubuntu) Bluetooth will not connect to Pactor

Read la7qz solution (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83) for Navigatrix for connecting Bluetooth. Unfortunately I do not have the bandwidth or reliable connection to download Navigatrix (I am in Colombia). I am able to pair the Pactor Bluetooth to my laptop using bluez-simple-agent (the built in Bluetooth gui does not accept hex pins), however I cannot get it to connect. I have tried la7qz's script and rfcomm, altho I may not have had the right parameters on rfcomm. I also created the link in the wine directory. Despite hours of searching the internet and trying I have not found a command, even after rebooting, that will actually connect the Pactor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim (KK4LIQ)

Post subject: Re: LinuxMint (Ubuntu) Bluetooth will not connect to Pactor

What response have you gotten from the Mint support forum regarding your problem and the configuration of that distribution?

Unfortunately getting Airmail working can be complex, after all it wasn't written to be run on a Linux distribution. However, this configuration work has already been done in the Navigatrix distribution. The last I checked it also has the highest compatibility rating for that application on the WineHQ website.

I understand unreliable and low bandwidth internet connections. In the south pacific there was also the addition of satellite lag. At times it was horrible. The developers were thinking when they pre-installed the DownTheAll download manager to Firefox. It is robust and persistent enough to pick up dropped connections and resume the download even weeks later. You can download files in fits and spurts over multiple sessions spanning as big and as long as it takes.

It seems you have two viable options.

1) Get and use a good download manager...like DownThemAll, and little by little download the Navigatrix ISO.

2) Find some who has a USB already made and use the "Make A Copy For A Friend" application that is on the Desktop.

Good luck.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024