The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: maps, maps & questions

Things are quiet on here so I'll pose a question on maps.
I like the idea of Navigatrix and was investigating the idea of using it on land. (motorhome etc)
Yes I've got a street navigator already, thankyou!
I've got access to the Australian maps that are called Geo 250K or something and are basically paper charts in digital form.
So far I have worked out how to "rip" them all into jpg format & then calibrate them for Oziexplorer use.
Using them like this I can leave the white borders with all the navy & extra info that takes up 'several inches' on the left side of most of them. (as in a normal paper chart) I can adjust the corners so the Ozi program will go to the next chart instead of moving me over this info.
Good so far? !! OK.
To use these charts in Navigatrix I've read in detail how to convert to kap.. etc.
My question is how to trim off the borders and other non-chart areas? The border of the true mapping area is not vertical or horizontal etc so no odinary cropping tool appears to do the job.
Or... maybe I can leave it there just like in Ozi? In the kap making process can I just do it by nominating lat/long on the 4 corners?
Sorry if I've confused you........ I've confused myself!
TIA! :D ;) :idea:

Post subject: Re: maps, maps & questions

Gimp!

Rotate the image to get a vertical/horizontal line.

Crop. Save.

Mark 4 points to ensure you've got a good reference using the tools in Navigatrix. Have the grid turned on so you visually confirm your rotated image is accurately referenced.

Finish.

Sorry to be vague, but I'm away from the Navigatrix system and can't call up the tools to be more specific or check that I'm not full of it. But marking your reference points will accommodate the rotation or moderate skew of the image. 3 points will work; 4 makes certain.

Post subject: Re: maps, maps & questions

Thankyou Moe. I'll look at it with a vengence!

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024