The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: ...know what's new in Nx 2017 version

What is new in softwares, improves or modifications ?
Is the Lubuntu version changed ?
The only way to know seems to download.
Thanks,
Philippe

Post subject: Re: ...know what's new in Nx 2017 version

Up...

I had the same question until i found this site which shows all the mayor packages and there versions:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=639
I guess the changes can be found in the changelog on each packages website, but i didnt check.

Thanks Hugbert,
I know this software list, but I don't know the version of OS without downloading and testing.
I guess it is still version 14 of Lubuntu but not sure.

Site Admin

Indeed, its an updated version with the bulletproof and time tested core from the previous version based on 14.04. The kernel is newer and supports more devices and the requests and bug fixes from the forum have been incorporated where possible. There is also some new features that come with the updated software packages and a completely new time zone feature which changes the time zone automatically according to the current gps position. Without the need for an internet connection of course. Some people reported problems with the newer ubuntu 16. If there is enough demand there might be a 64bit version with one of the newer kernels and based on 16.04 coming up. This would be for the very latest laptop models with uefi boot.

Thanks David!
I have had some problems with Xubuntu V16.04 but by replacing "standard" kernel by the latest (4.9.xx I suppose), it seems more stable and Thunar don't crash very often, but I cannot adjust windows position and memorize them as in W$, and I don't remember if this feature is possible in Lubuntu.

Site Admin

Navigatrix uses the more stable pcmanfm instead of thunar.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024