The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Navigation PC Laptop locked up by Anti-theft software

HI, My Toshiba was splashed with salt water recenty. I had a digital repairs place repair it and they got it running again but its locked up by Anti-Theft Intel (R) Norton software, as the platform detected an attack.
Ive spent endless hours online with Norton but they are unable to help as the Server Token required to unlock it has to be provided by Toshiba manufacturers.
Ive drawn a complete blank trying to get anything out of Toshiba, as my PC has just gone out of its 1 year warranty.
My Navigatrix program, all my cruising guides, charts, other nav stuff AND all my photos and document records are on this PC, and I really want to recover it.
Any ideas????????????

Post subject: Re: Navigation PC Laptop locked up by Anti-theft software

From Anti-Theft Intel website
Quote:
Requires an enabled IntelĀ® processor, enabled chipset, and firmware and software optimized to use the technologies. Consult your system manufacturer and software vendor for more information.
They indicate this is a Windows7/8 application.

If this is the case, and there is no BIOS/UEFI involvement, make a USB stick and try booting from it. Once you boot you can access your data.

If can't resolve your key problem, pull off your data to another drive and reformat and install another system...like Navigatrix.

Moe wrote:
If this is the case, and there is no BIOS/UEFI involvement, make a USB stick and try booting from it. Once you boot you can access your data.

If can't resolve your key problem, pull off your data to another drive and reformat and install another system...like Navigatrix.

The gold standard for systems/data recovery is a copy of Knoppix. Take a trip to the bookstore and order up a Latte, while you are there find a copy of the latest Linux publication which has a new release of Knoppix bound in and purchase it for use in rebooting the Toby. Knoppix has all manner of utilities to reset/unlock/copy and otherwise free the offending system. Once you have hit on a recovery strategy and backed up the requisite files, take Moe's advice and re-install Navigatrix. At least you will have learned a ton of knowledge, (at the expense of some time and effort).

Site Admin

I wonder which data recovery tool is inside of knoppix thats not inside navigatrix... cant think of any.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024