The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Download problems

Hello all - can anyone help with this downloading problem... is anyone else having trouble?

Yesterday I tried downloading the 'new' Navigatrix by Torrent version 0.5 - no one was available so no download there, so I downloaded the .iso from the Namani server, and it turned out to be 1.3GB, so I deleted that and downloaded the .iso from Nx server - but again it is 1.3GB. Unless I have done something daft, I understand from the main Navigatrix download page on the website that the .iso should be:

Version: 0.5 (August 2015)
Filename: navigatrix.iso
Size: 2.5 GB
MD5: 6cd75e9f61b646f1e11678a24863b137

I did try Torrent again - got 1.32 Gig out of 2.97 downloaded very fast.. but then it just hangs - it says downloading from 0 users, doesn't say it has stopped or anything and no option to ask for more peers available. Even that is interesting as it say the total is 2.97 when the Navigatrix website says 2.5 Gig.

so I'm a little confused and wonder if the old or wrong .iso is still on the servers or what is going on?

Any help appreciated,

thx Jules

Post subject: Re: Download problems
Site Admin

This was because the ISO file has been updated but the website still showed the previews values.

So the new version is only 1.3 Gb? It still shows 2.8 on the site.
Adrian

Site Admin

Its 2.8 GB as shown.

Site Admin

Confirming... just downloaded ISO from Namani server and got 2.8GB file with correct MD5 (a817ddbc975b31ca5130c5877e3fa9db) for Jan 2017 release.

Just wondering... How come there is not a new version name as its jan 2017 and not the "good old" 2015 version?

Is it just due to it being a updated version of the same core?

atle

Site Admin

Indeed, its an updated version with the bulletproof and time tested core from the previous version. The kernel is newer and supports more devices and the requests and bug fixes from the forum have been incorporated where possible. There is also some new features that come with the updated software packages and a completely new time zone feature which changes the time zone automatically according to the current gps position. Without the need for an internet connection of course. Some people reported problems with the newer ubuntu 16. If there is enough demand there might be a 64bit version with one of the newer kernels coming up. This would be for the very latest laptop models with uefi boot only.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024