The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Is something wrong with the forum registration?
Site Admin

Some users reported problems to access to the download zone, I think the confirmation email is not being sent.

Post subject: Re: Is something wrong with the forum registration?

I gave it a kick. But this fails in the "I don't know" category.

Maybe a spam folder...maybe being blocked by the user's ISP spam filter. (The hosting company, Arvixe, has a swirling roster of spammers.)

My personal email is with the same hosting company, I do know that it is slow sometimes...sometimes in the neighbourhood of an an hour, two....four hours lag. It maybe a case of "if you don't pay much, you don't get much."

This might be the problem.We've been getting these on our personal emails (same server, emu.arvixe.com) I obscured the id of the person we've been in contact with
Quote:
Reporting-MTA: dns; emu.arvixe.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.YYYYYYYYYY.YYY
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been rejected.
We are on a shared server. I think someone who shares this server was very naughty and other ISPs have blocked any email from our *shared* server.

I found a switch in the settings
Quote:
The SPF system allows you to specify servers and IP addresses that are authorized to send mail from your domain(s). This feature works to prevent outgoing spam messages.
so we are no longer sending email from emu.arvixe.com, but from +mx +ip4:216.172.189.133 ~all.

I have no idea what all that means, or how it works, but let's see if that makes a difference.

Site Admin

In fact, its most likely that our eMails end up in the Spam Folder. I hope Moes solution will work, lets see...

Site Admin

gmail, yahoo, hotmail... have changed their spam policy recently and they are marking as spam a lot of activation messages from everywhere :(

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024