The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Language

Hello!

I try Naviatrix first time and whant to change the Language to german.
I use Preferences/Language Support and download German Language Packet.

Then i set in Language Tab an in text Tab to "Deutsch" and "Apply System wide" -confirm. But the System and all programs are still in english!?

What i am doing wrong?

Thanks for support
Hans

Post subject: Re: Language

If you didn't make the USB with the Windows Installer, or if just made it with Linux system you didn't create a persistent root and home file all your modifications will change back to the default settings.

Not to worry....

Boot up the USB. A line of text flashes across the top of the screen "SYSLINUX 4.0something something something." The screen then turns BLUE. When the BLUE splash screen (with the ray in the lower right corner )appears. Hit the <esc> key. Hit it repeatedly until the blue screen turns black and stays black and the boot: prompt appears in the upper left corner. Enter:

fix

...and then <Enter>

Your machine will make the required files (100MB root and 500MB /home) so that any modifications...such as changing the language,will continue, or persist, through every boot. The process takes about 4 minutes, but only needs to be done if you want *new* persistent files. .

Keep in mind, however, that some of the menus and some of the programs do not have German translations.

Good luck. Enjoy KL.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024