The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Forum expansion

We all like and use Nx or we wouldn't be here, right? In my humble opinion, it would be nice to see the Navigatrix forum expanded a bit beyond just "support".

Who developed it? What are the on going goals and how can we help? How are you using Navigatrix on your boat?

While I understand the difficulties of maintaining an active board (spam, flame wars, etc) I would really like the ability to interact further with the Nx user base. While I am currently unable to support Nx financially, I do have some spare bandwidth, and some spare time after the sun goes down if this would help enable a forum expansion.

Anybody else?

Post subject: Re: Forum expansion
Site Admin

Agree that it would be nice if the board would be a bit more of a "many-to-many" exchange in addition to the experts solving users' issues (just for the record: the level of support provided on this board beats the support available for most commercial software products IMHO). Perhaps it would help already if we start posting things we find useful under the "Tips & Tricks" section of the board (as you did with the Airmail/wine update issue). Doing so would start to balance the post-count between the trouble topics and the "oh-cool" topics of the board. More importantly, it would bring up a greater variety of names as posters/contributors which would hopefully encourage other users to chip in as well.

Thanks for the support Markus.. I have several ideas I want to go over with Moe re: the board in general, and I agree about Tips and Tricks as well.

Unfortunately have come up with some "problems" on the boat which have been eating all my energy for the moment. Also am busy stuffing Nx into a @#$%$ Dell Studio but we are making progress. Will address a couple of those Dell Studio specific issues in Tips and Tricks when I get them ironed out to be more broadly usefull.

Onward.... into the fog

Site Admin

You're in Maine?

Virginia
for another month

Isn't that backwards. Even though I went through an ice storm in Virginia once, and it's not far enough South.

Moe wrote:
Isn't that backwards.
??? Totally missed the context somewhere. Like that never happens.
Quote:
Even though I went through an ice storm in Virginia once, and it's not far enough South.

You are absolutely correct. Hence only for another month. Headed for the keys for a while, then who knows. Maybe back to Panama the long way. Wanted to be gone about now, but issues on the spar, and issues with work (not enough of it) made the decision for me. Next month is it though, ready or not. If she is not ready for the outside, there is always "the ditch".

If I am gonna be broke and broke, I can arrange to do it somewhere further south. Spar parts should arrive late next week, then I can re-step and get the kicker into the hole. After that, all bets are off.

Quote:
CapCouillon wrote:
??? Totally missed the context somewhere. Like that never happens. [\quote]

No worries, I'm like a base player in a jazz band. I'm on stage playing with everyone else; I just hear a different tune.

I thought you were heading to Maine...into the fog, because maybe it's foggy in Maine. I don't know. I think I'm pretty bright to remember the 'e' on the end that makes it a proper noun.

....more clearly it's foggy in the brain.

[quote] Next month is it though, ready or not. If she is not ready for the outside, there is always "the ditch". [\quote]

I'd do the ditch....but I'm a chicken.

(What happened to my ability to quote?)

Guess you must have been sleepin' between Virginia and Sydney. Glad Margaret and Wadda didn't wake you during the "scary" parts...

Margaret fell off her bicycle Saturday like a 12 year old and broke her arm .

While we waiting for the taxi to go to the hospital, I grabbed the camera and snapped pictures of her sitting in the shade; continuing in x-ray; in bed awaiting surgery.

I was going to post them in her blog under the heading "Breaking News", but I forgot the camera at the hospital.

I mentioned this to Margaret. She muttered something.

It was only then that I realised how dangerous the trip was.

Hello all,

yes, I think it wold be nice too to have a somewhat extended forum. There are quite a few people out there using Nx.
Any Ham operators?
We could get together at a certain time if anybody else is interested.
I#m on NSW Australia time.

Cheers,

Atmo
SV Elfrun :)

I'm new and landlocked for a while more. Doing an endless refit. I wonder if setting up a separate Nx forum for human interaction not technical support would be good. One can participate live or exclusively through emails. Facility for posting photos, having individual chats or group ones, are just some of the perks besides a simple forum. It could become an Nx gathering place and also allow more people...potential users of Nx...to make the discovery if it is tagged well. Not hard to screen applicants.

Yahoo Groups makes it easy to send and received posts via email and will send posts in plain text or HTML, individual member choice. I have moderated a group before and since I have a LOT to learn here staring at posts for a while each day would be good. Of course guidelines for moderation would need to be developed by the group and especially the progenitors. It could be unmoderated but having one or mod (better) can keep the children playing well with others.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024