The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Documentation updated for Navigatrix 0.5
Site Admin

Have updated the following sections to reflect changes from NX 0.4 -> 0.5:
  • [2] Getting Navigatrix
  • [3] Installing Navigatrix
  • [4] The Applications

If you find errors or have suggestions on how to improve the documentation - post them here please.

Post subject: Re: Documentation updated for Navigatrix 0.5

Hi,
We needed to get our not working Vista notebook out as a backup for navigation, so installed Navigatrix, hoping to have a good working system for the next weeks.
OpenCPN and Airmail work and can communicate with our SSB and GPS - which is the most important stuff. Thanks!

So we tried to familiarize ourselves more with Navigatrix. I wouldn't say I'm totally stupid with computers, but am realizing and know far too little and what I hoped to be an easy system is growing way over my head.

First, I can't even find which Navigatrix version (or OpenCPN version) I am using!
Cause if it's 0.4, I thought maybe some of my issues might get resolved with 0.5.
But where can I check that?

Will post my other question (about wireless drive) in another post....

Thanks
Iris

Site Admin

When Navigatrix starts up or shuts down you will see the version displayed above the Navigatrix logo:
Attachment:
nx_startup.jpg
nx_startup.jpg [ 20.32 KiB | Viewed 18370 times ]

For individual applications you can usually find version information in the application's Help menu under "About..." (in OpenCPN click the "?" symbol in the toolbar to get version info).

Hope this helps...it's less complicated than it may seem at first glance - like many things on a boat...

Iris, you've version 0.4 judging from the time you left Panama. The wireless should be the same.

Hi Moe,

Thanks so much for all your info.
I felt a bit silly, cause when working on the computer, I couldn't find the version, but yes, the next time I restarted it again, I saw it right there. And it is 0.4.

Will try the other things you recommended - but as you say, so much to do and see here, shame to waste more time in the internet.
And correct, Tropicana is definitely the best, and Greg, Lisa's business partner, very nice.
Maybe because of all the hours I spent there...? *s

Cheers
Iris

Greg, yeah,...while I didn't remember his name. I remember that he knew how to setup and maintain the best network in Vava'u.

Hello, I had the old version of navigatrix in an ubs pen drive, and I´m trying to actualize it. I´ve tried several times downloading the files from a server in america, or from a torrent network, and the set up file, but always when I want to start the notebook with navigatrix apears the same sentence " no defaul or UI config directive default".
Could you help me whit this?

Site Admin

If I understand you correctly you have created a bootable USB stick with the new Navigatrix version (0.5) by using the Windows Start-up Disk Creator (the second downlaod from the "Download" page)?

(1) Have you already checked that the ISO file has been downloaded correctly? Boot from your "old" USB stick (version 0.4), open the file manager, and navigate to the folder on your hard disk to which you downloaded the 2GB ISO file. Then press <F4> to open a terminal window and at the prompt type
Code:
md5sum navigatrix.iso

This will run for a while and then print a 32-digit string. This string must match fc2e1f867d0c98a157074292d9ce04ed for the most recent ISO. If it doesn't match, you'll have to re-download the ISO file.

(2) If the MD5 sum is correct, could you try to create the "new" bootable USB stick from Navigatrix rather than doing it from Windows? Boot from your old Navigatrix USB stick and, in the File Manager, go to the directory on your hard disk where the ISO download is stored (this is just to make Navigatrix "connect" to your hard drive). Then, in the Manta Menu, go to Preferences -> Startup Disk Creator. This application allows you to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO image file that you downloaded.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024