The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: download new iso issue

Hi,
I have been trying to download the new 0.5 iso for the last few days it just started and stops after a few ks (using the America mirror) and says download complete. Tried Chrome & Firefox both same. Are there mirrors or site I can try (apart from the torrent as our network restrict torrent)?
Thks,
Ken

Post subject: Re: download new iso issue

Are you using a Download Manager with either Firefox or Chrome? I recommend "DownThemAll"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/?src=ss

I am not using any download mgr, is it mandatory to use one? Perhaps everyone got "wind" of how good navigatrix is and has gone viral the last few days, locking the traffic. So i take it that there are no other alternate servers to try. I will try again in a few days time.
Thks,
Ken

Yes, traffic is up and the squirrles are running fast...but they are still running. The European mirror disappeared and the Australian site is only serving the torrent network as there are some firewall issues.

I downloaded the latest ISO from the site in America last night and the speed was 1.2-1.7MB/s...down from a previous record of 12MB/s. It could have been the time of day, or the NSA getting in the way...I don't know.

A download manager is not 'necessary'. It just cuts down the frustration level. The whole reason behind using a download manager is to give you a robust, resumable, connection. It is very useful if you have a slow, dirty, connection. It helps with stops/starts and dropped packets of data between here and there.

1. Yah, Finally downloaded the iso and windows installer;
2. I wanted to build a bootable usb to begin with: clicked navigatrix-setup exe file,
3. Now stuck on step 2, wont let me browse to select the iso.
4. I type in the path directly, not doing anything.
5. laptop is Sony z series.
6.???

False alarm, Think i got it now. The installer does not like me renaming the iso to navigatrix_0.5, installing now.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024