The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: [solved] Install Openoffice

I want to install Openoffice. It is available in Synaptic, but when try to mark it for installation following pop-up appears:
and when mark and try execute
I would suggest that there are some conflict with existing office package, aren't?

Post subject: Re: Install Openoffice

There are 29 additional packages that need to be installed.

There in a conflict with a few of those packages in that they are looking for an older version than the one already installed. You cannot downgrade your installed packages that conflict without a lot of drama...a lot of drama.

The good news if the fork of OpenOffice, LibreOffice, is installable (and better).

Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-0
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice

...or use the Package Manager after you have added the ppa to your list of repositories.

Thanks! It's done. But why did they kill Open? Briefly it is similar, but when i search an answer in internet, i found many blames to libre. I think this question is of similar field as conversed in one of our topics about "new one is not always the better one"

Yes, the new one is not always the better one.

The reason for the fork appears to be for 3 reason of the things I don't fully understand; politics, money, and egos. Many of the OO developers jumped ship when Oracle bought it (another thing I don't understand). They split to form LibreOffice.

I think any squawk about LibreOffice is coming from the developer's (in general) end and not necessarily from the end user.

For me; it works; it's pretty. I'm happy.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024