The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Re: rtl-sdr
Site Admin

Hi from Barcelona boat_alexandra,
I'm glad to see you in this forum. Congratulations for the plugin and for your work, I'm really impressed.

We are working with sdr. Navigatrix includes rtl_fm in last update and probably aisdecoder in the next one.

I'm building a better antenna now to improve reception ;)

Thanks!!!!

Site Admin

Yes my congratulations as well ;) Your plug in is very helpful indeed. It will be in the next update for sure. Just not sure with the gnu radio option. I compiled everything and it seems to run without any errors. But could not get any boat signals. Maybe my computer is too slow for the switching. Or maybe my antenna is not good enough. Just got some materials and will try to make a better antenna as well.

Thank you very much !!!

I tried to get the rtl-sdr plugin working in Linux Mint 17 but no luck. Then I installed Navigatrix on an old laptop of mine and now i get ais reception using aisdecoder. Trying gnuradio gives the error; "Execution failed: "ais_rx -sosmocom -r 256000 -e 80""

Any ideas?

Site Admin

I got it working once... but the only way i figured was to compile all the gnu radio and osmocom packages. I removed them after testing since there was no benefit over the alternative solution but a lot of additional space usage.

Ok, thanks. I guess I`ll just settle with the aisdecoder if there is no benefit using gnuradio.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024