The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: gnuCash

Hello,

I am trying (unsuccessfully so far) to install the latest, unstable release of gnuCash. From a terminal window I entered the following command lines:

cd ~/src/
sudo aptitude update
sudo apt-get install build-essential fakeroot
sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash gnucash-common

The last line results in an error stating that the source code for gnuCash can not be found. However, I do have the stable release of gnuCash installed.

Before I attempt to build from source do you have any possible remedies to try first?

Thanks,

Ted
Springvale, Maine

Post subject: Re: gnuCash

I'm a bit confused...nothing new, but if you want the unstable version (2.5.9) you have to install from the source code.

Post subject: Re: gnuCash

Ok, I thought I would build it to see what the problem was.

This is what I think is going on.

You don't have the source code for GnuCash.

cd ~/src/ <----change to /home/your_user_id/src
sudo aptitude update <----like sudo apt-get update; to update repository list
sudo apt-get install build-essential fakeroot <--- tools to build already installed, but can't hurt
sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash gnucash-common <-- reads dependency list in gnucash source code to install requisit dependencies....but ya' got no code in ~/src for it to read.

Download the source code; unpack it <wherever, possible ~/src>; run the last command again.

120 MB of additional development packages necessary to compile the sources code are downloaded and installed.

In the directory of freshly unpacked source code run; ./configure.

If it's error free; sudo make and sudo make install

Good luck.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024