The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Pactor and bluetooth

Hi all,

back home in Oz, ran into Navigatrix a year ago in Panama.
Great stuff. But: Impossible to get a gPS Bluetooth mouse working. System asks for Password which you can't set on a GPS. O,k, used the mouse. Then there is no way to get a Pactor Modem working. I tried everything, all the sudo stuff and on. Thought it ma work with the new system. Still no luck. Also, Both Mac and Pc, refused booting after they did run it for two times. Usually I just reinstalled every coupleof times running Navigatrix because it usually starts freezing.
Is there anybody out there who got Navigatrix working with Pactor?
Please let me know. Cause if it's just not compatible I will give up. Would be sad though. Airmail is funny on the new one too. After clicking setup wizard I have to go to logoff to see the Wizard, then cancel logoff to continue. Usually need to reinstall the whole system after using it two or three times anyway.
Any clues?

cheers,
Atmo

Post subject: Re: Pactor and bluetooth

Hi,

Airmail ask for com1 to connect to Pactor but there is no obvious way to find comports on N. How do I get an application and install it to create Com1? Or does N not have comports at all?

Site Admin

Comports are available in Nx. COM1 and COM2 is assigned to the 1st and the 2nd real COM Port. COM3 and all the following ones are assigned to all the available USB to Serial Adapters. The COM Ports afterwards are assigned to your Bluetooth COM Ports. The COM Ports get mapped automaticaly when you start Airmail. So make sure to plugin your USB to Serial Adapter and configure your Bluetooth before you start Airmail.

Thanks a lot, will try on the boat again tomorrow. I am still hoping to get it working this time. I had to give up with the older OS. Is there a way to actually see the comports and configure the by hand?

Atmo

Site Admin

Yes, open a terminal window by pressing ctrl+alt+t and then enter the command "comports". It will give you a list of available comports and to which port they are mapped to.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024