The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Inventory and manuals

Currently I have all the pdf files of manuals for my boat on a google drive. This works nicely as I can access them (and upload them) from home and can share them with crew members as well. I started making an inventory on a spreadsheet as well with serial numbers, when things were bough and how old they were. Idealy I would like to have link to the manual as well. Obviously I want this to synchronize with the boat computer. Have other people thought about doing this on Navigatrix and is there a good solution? I want some kind of document I can easily update and search with hyperlinks to the manual that works well when synching to google drive (or other cloud storage).

Thanks Bill

Post subject: Re: Inventory and manuals

billlion wrote:
Currently I have all the pdf files of manuals for my boat on a google drive. This works nicely as I can access them (and upload them) from home and can share them with crew members as well. I started making an inventory on a spreadsheet as well with serial numbers, when things were bough and how old they were. Idealy I would like to have link to the manual as well. Obviously I want this to synchronize with the boat computer. Have other people thought about doing this on Navigatrix and is there a good solution? I want some kind of document I can easily update and search with hyperlinks to the manual that works well when synching to google drive (or other cloud storage).

Thanks Bill

Now I have the latest OpenCPN in Navigatrix I can see the inventory plug in. Very good. So I suppose what I want is for that to have a link to where I keep he manual. I wonder how hard that is to implement in the plug in ? I looked at the C++ code but it looks like you have to learn how the wx framework works before you start hacking!

Post subject: Re: Inventory and manuals

I'm a little confused about what you're seeking.

If you put this:

file:///usr/share/opencpn/doc/help_en_US.html

in your browser your will get the OpenCPN manual.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024