The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Transfer files to and from Ipad apps with Navigatrix

In Ubuntu 13.10 it is possible to transfer files to and from Ipad apps. That is usefull to download grib files with sailmail and view them in the very nice app Weathertrack, for example, or to create routes in Opencpn and send them to iNavx or the route module on Weathertrack.

I tried but Nvigatrix does not allow that, at least notmin an obvious way. Anybody out ther that tried the same and managed to make it work?

Thanks,
Luis

Post subject: Re: Transfer files to and from Ipad apps with Navigatrix

How do you do it in 13.10?

Hi,
In Ubunto 13.10, both 32 and 64 bit versions, when I plug in the Ipad via USB, on file manager, the Ipad is shown under Devices.

There is a Line for Ipad and the next one says Documents on Ipad.

You just have to open the folder with the name of the app you wanto to transfer files to, open the documents folder inside that app and copy/paste, CTRL C/CTRL V the files.

I am testing it at this moment, but it is taking some time. Seems to work a bit inconsistently, but it does work. I managed to copy grib files downloaded into my computer to the Weathertrack app and also documents such as PDF to the Goodreader app.

At the moment it is just hanging there. I wil try again after re-starting Ubuntu.

Best,
Luis

Hi,

The transfer works in Navigatrix, both ways, copying from the Ipad app document folders to the computer, and from the computer to Ipad. It may be that I tried to do it in Live mode before and it did not work. But with Navigatrix installed onto a SD card it works.

In Ubuntu Studio 13.10 it worked only from computer to Ipad. The other way permission was denied.

So this ends it. Navigatrix does everything I wanted it to do.

Thanks,
Luis

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024