The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Navigatrix on tablet with Windows

Is it possible to install Navigatrix on tablet that use Windows OS?

Post subject: Re: Navigatrix on tablet with Windows
Site Admin

There used to be a post on this forum by someone who had successfully installed NX on an older Fujitsu tablet but it seems to have disappeared into the archives. What specific tablet are you having in mind?

Markus wrote:
There used to be a post on this forum by someone who had successfully installed NX on an older Fujitsu tablet but it seems to have disappeared into the archives. What specific tablet are you having in mind?

I just would like to understand on what model would be possible to install Navigatrix and buy it.

I was wondering if it was closer to 'none'....speaking from ignorance. But are not most tablets (in the way I think of tablets) ARM processors?

I am ignorant in matter of processors, but i found this in internet - "The tablet market has thus far been dominated by ARM, which licenses the architecture used in everything from Apple’s ‘A’ processors in the iPad and iPhone, to NVIDIA’s Tegra line of mobility SoCs.

Intel’s Atom, the processor family behind the netbook revolution, has gained traction in the tablet space this year thanks to Windows 8-based tablets. Though the cut-down Windows RT is capable of running on ARM processors, the full-blown Windows 8 and ‘legacy’ Windows desktop applications rely on the traditional x86 instruction set utilised by Atom
."
So i guess, that tablets with Windows using other than ARM processors.

..that would be my guess too.

I've heard mixed reviews about machines with Windows8. Some claim that this model of that make is impossible. It might be they just didn't rub the head and pat the belly in the right order. I don't know.
Others claim is you disable something to do with UEFI and take advice from someone other than me...it can be done.

I've heard no further rumours about an ARM kernel for Navigatrix. It doesn't mean nothing is happening; it just another data point in the "Time/Money/Monkeys" rule. (You need a lot from any two groups, and a little from the third.)

Good luck in your search for a new machine.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024