The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Navigatrix Firefox not like Windows Firefox?

Hello all,
I'm a total newbie to Linux and to Navigatrix. Right now I'm just using the Firefox browser, which seems to have fewer options than a Windows version of Firefox. Is that correct, or am I missing things? In particular, I'm trying to find the OPTIONS window typically found under TOOLS. I want to be able to control how cookies are managed.

Also, I'm having trouble customizing the tool bars to match what I have under a Windows Firefox browser.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Navigatrix Firefox not like Windows Firefox?

Try looking Edit> Preferences> Privacy|Security tabs.

Right click on an empty spot on the toolbar. There is a "Customise" menu and window....mostly drop'n'drag. Toolbar cluster can d'n'd to some extent too.

For cookies, there might be better (more customisable) ways but I've just stuck on Self-Destructing Cookies.

Set parameters for cookie retention; whitelist the sacrosanct; other options.

If you go that way the only undocumented 'feature' is the removal of all cookies upon installation...bit of a pain but it only happens once.

You can turn off notification it's doing the job after 'interesting' turns to 'irritating'.

Post subject: Re: Navigatrix Firefox not like Windows Firefox?

Part of the option setting
Attachment:
Desktop 1_003.png
Desktop 1_003.png [ 89.73 KiB | Viewed 9614 times ]

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024