The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Morse decoder won't work.

Hi All, I am trying to use Morse Decoder (xdemorse) and am getting an error. Failed to openxdemorserc. Quite xdemorse and correct. If I can get some advice on how to correct, I would be apreciative as all get out. I have had had Navagatrix for a couple years but MY wife and I have been taking care of her 92 year old mother who has Alzhimers for 10 years but things are comming to a close and we expect to be able to go off shore for a few years now. Thanks, Doug Pollard Albin Vega 2225 KK4ygo

Post subject: Re: Morse decoder won't work.

Check the file
Code:
ls -lisa
toward the bottom of the list it looks like
Code:
10228   8 -rw-r--r--  1 nx  nx    4217 Jun  6 00:55 .xdemorserc
The -rw-r--r-- should match.

Take a look at the file.
Code:
leafpad ~/.xdemorserc
to see if it has the proper settings for your machine.

Post subject: Re: Morse decoder won't work.

Thanks much for the help. I also have a little Dell netbook with Navigatrix on it. This is the computer I will be using on the boat. Low power draw :-) Xdemorse works fine on it. I typed code in the desktops Terminal imulatot but could not find xdemorse in the terminal at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled using synaptic with no results. It doesn't matter as the netbook will be used on my boat. When I get a little more time I will go back and see if I can get it to work on the desktop. I think there is a bad install with Navigartrix as there are other programs that are not working right on my desktop computer. in the next few days I will upgrade to the newest Navigatrix and then I see how XDEMorse works. Thanks very much the help help. Doug

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024