The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: OpenCPN 2.5.0 upgrade in Nx0.4

I'm on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-28, P3 1GHz, with IntelĀ® 830MG, 512 RAM, 30 GB HD using Nav 0.4 you provided in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=643
Nx works great on this P3, but the newer 0.5 (March & June 2014) did NOT.
I would like to upgrade the OpenCPN version to the next stable version (3.2.2) found here:
http://opencpn.org/ocpn/download
I would like the best way to accomplish this based on your guidance regarding dependencies, etc. The download page for OpenCPN shows several install options based on the Ubuntu version used. Which version Ubuntu is used on Nx 0.4?
Any guidance greatly appreciated. Side note, the only other program I'd like to ad is either TangoGPS or FoxtrotGPS. Would this add on procedure be similar to upgrading the OpenCPN?
Best Regards, Cleve

Post subject: Re: OpenCPN 2.5.0 upgrade in Nx0.4

JDM had a method viewtopic.php?f=4&t=605&p=3432&hilit=ppa#p3432

..or you could select Download OpenCPN 3.2.2 for all other *Ubuntu's, Linux Mint and other Ubuntu clones and install with sudo dpkg -i <package path and name>

foxtrotGPS is already installed under a generic name Menu> Navigation> GPS and Map

Moe wrote:
JDM had a method viewtopic.php?f=4&t=605&p=3432&hilit=ppa#p3432
..or you could select Download OpenCPN 3.2.2 for all other *Ubuntu's, Linux Mint and other Ubuntu clones and install with sudo dpkg -i <package path and name>
foxtrotGPS is already installed under a generic name Menu> Navigation> GPS and Map

Thanks Moe, I know Foxtrot is in the newest 0.5 version, but did not know it was in the 0.4, we'll have a look. I'll try your "or" suggestion for Opencpn, I want the stable release, not the beta. The beta method you mention above broke my system. I'l try choosing other Ubuntu from the Opencpn site and see how it goes. Thanks again, Cleve

When I go to the download page for Opencpn here:
https://launchpad.net/~opencpn/+archive ... /+packages
There are choices i.e. Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneric, Precise, Quantal, Raring. Does it matter which one I choose?
I'm using Nx 0.4 that was provided in the above link, and I do not know what version of Ubuntu to use.
The download page lists a manual method of putting the ppa into software sources (synaptic?), but you also need the Ubuntu version to point it properly i.e.:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/opencpn/opencpn/ubuntu lucid main

Best regards, Cleve

I didn't check all details, but the look to be similar enough after Lucid that it shouldn't make any difference.

Pick Raring

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024