The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Printer and terminal password failure???

I'm a new girl on the block :D and LOVE Navigatrix. Installed on my Toughbook CF-30 hard disk, not dual, but sans Windoz entirely. At last.

NX is blazing fast and has accepted all peripherals without fuss except I am stuck on the printer a familiar nemesis. It's an HP Envy 4500 which is a supported HPLIP printer. Downloaded the driver package on the HP website, opened a terminal and followed instructions. It even picked up that it was ubuntu 14.04 not 12.04.

All was well until :evil: it refused to accept my password. Is there some mystery here? Is the the NX password or could it be the one I originally used with the Win7 installation I killed? My password starts with a capital B. Any ideas or help would be most welcome.
Only bridges left to cross are the GPS and touch screen. Oops I can think of a few more judging from the posts I've been reading.

Can't say enough good about this team and the fine work I am benefitting from. I know. A donation would be nice and will be coming soon.

Thanks,
Jan (growngfree)

Post subject: Re: Printer and terminal password failure???

Are you attempting Step 5 in this URL? http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/install/index.html

The password is the one you created when you installed the system on your drive.

Another way of doing the same thing is using the Package Manager (Synaptic) Menu> Preferences> Package Manager Left click on the little box in front of the package to Mark for Installation
Attachment:
Navigatrix-hplip.png
Navigatrix-hplip.png [ 153.33 KiB | Viewed 10250 times ]
Reload the list of available packages in the repositories to ensure you have a fairly current list.

(If it's the first time with the Package Manager, this is a good thing to do. A restart of the Package Manager is required if...if, the Quick filter is missing or greyed out. (A symptom of a first run))

Thx. Will have another go.

Got 'er done. Printer working splendidly. I huge relief. Thank you again.

How is your wife's arm doing?

I fell out of an apple tree and broke my left arm when I was 8. Wearing a cast in the hot summer humidity of US midwest was pure torture. You can scratch quite well down inside with a knitting needle. Tried several shorter items and a few dropped in. When cutting off day came I was outed! I hope casting has improved and she isn't too uncomfortable.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024