The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: having trouble conecting to wifi

When connecting with Wifi to go on line I use a password open my connection Then I get a box wanting me to put in a password for key ring. I have a password for user and a password for my wifi conection. Niether works in key ring.Key ring will not except my password which is the computer password. I can click off the key ring box and the WiFi password works most of the time. It doesn't seem correct that once I have put in a wifi password the keyring should come up asking for a password. Any Idea's anybody? Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: having trouble conecting to wifi

You must've been prompted previously for a keyring password, and chosen one. This has happened to me also,it is like extra security I guess. When prompted for the key ring, it seems to be related to the wi-fi, but is asking for a keyring password. This is separate and different from your wi-fi password, unless you chose to make them the same. Double check that your "caps-on/off" is correct. What I mean is, my home network is "all caps". When the keyring pops up, and I enter it, it is case sensitive to what is being entered. My keyring password is NOT "all caps". If that does NOT work, you will have to re-install the operating system, and start over (been there and done that too).
Hopefully someone else will chime in with helpful information and you can avoid that. Best regards, Cleve

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024