The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: How to remove the navigatrix redirect in Firefox

Not even sure this is standard and not a virus. Every time I open Firefox it redirects to Navigatrix. Even changing it in preferences to a different start page has no effect. It reverts. As I open and close my browser high multiple times a day it becomes very irritating. If it is not an intended NX feature it could be downright dangerous. Is this an indented feature or a virus? Please tell me how to change it.

Post subject: Re: How to remove the navigatrix redirect in Firefox

There is an actual purpose to the redirect. It gives a pulse, or heartbeat.

But this will help you http://navigatrix.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=464&p=2233&hilit=firefox.js#p2233 remove it.

I've removed mine because I found it irritating.

I tried the fix in the linked thread, but it did not work for me.
Once I had modified and saved the mozilla.cfg file, Firefox would not open, instead I would get a configuration error. As soon as I removed the '#' and saved the file, Firefox opened to the Navigatrix home page, no problem.
I fixed the problem by changing 'When Firefox starts:' to 'Show my windows and tabs from last time'. It is in the 'Startup' section on the 'General' tab of Firefox Preferences. I then navigated to the site I wanted when Firefox started, closed and opened Firefox and there was the page I wanted. :)
HTH,
Morgan

It's one of those mysteries.

Last year, commenting out (#) the line did the trick.

Now, the line needs to be deleted. Go figure.

Glad you found a work-around.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024