The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Panasonic CF-52 Touchscreen Calibration

My question is how to follow the directions (below) to make it permanent. I ran the Navigatrix Touchscreen Calibration program, which takes me to an LXTerminal:
Calibrating EVDEV driver for "Fujitsu Component USB Touch Panel" id=9
current calibration values (from XInput): min_x=0, max_x=4095 and min_y=0, max_y=4095
Doing dynamic recalibration:
Setting new calibration data: 274, 3916, 305, 3965
-> Making the calibration permanent <--
Install the 'xinput' tool and copy the command(s) below in a script that starts with your X session
xinput set-int-prop "Fujitsu Component USB Touch Panel" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 274 3916 305 3965
I tried following directions from a friend without joy, in fact upon re-starting system the computer takes me to a Terminal Command Line asking for user and password, which then takes me over my head (as in how to find Nx):

"Freedesktop.org and click the debian testing link.
Must be run from terminal to put results in terminal.
1. sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d #since this directory does not exist
2. xinput_calibrator
3. copy results, leave terminal open
4. sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf
5. paste results in nano
6. [Ctrl][X]
7. Y
8. [Enter]
For clarity you can have two terminals open...one for Xinput one for nano"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Panasonic CF-52 Touchscreen Calibration

When I'm in over my head and I'm not in the mood to thrash around I ask for a 'do-over'.

The file you created (/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf) apparently knocked out your graphical interface, your Desktop.

It could be a typo, an extra character, in the file. It could be the file itself.

You could try
Code:
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf
from the command prompt. This will remove the file, which on reboot, may, or may not, restore the autoloading of the X Window system, the graphic interface of your Desktop. If it doesn't go, this is when you use your do-over card.

Boot the system, select a help> options> and then fix, or create a persistence file....or whatever it says. Do over.

In the interim, somebody has had to have figure this out. Let's find it.

Thanks Moe, I figured there would be a way to revert. I just re-installed the distro instead. Naturally, I'd still like to "make the re-calibration permanent", that way I don't need to necessarily use the keyboard

Moe, forgot to mention on the June version of Nx 0.5 2014, when you go to Manta/Menu/Preferences/Calibrate Touchscreen, it takes you to a Blank LX Terminal Screen. I would also like to correct that. Should I "uninstall" Xinput_calibrator program and reinstall it, or is there another way to add a correct menu item for Calibrate Touchscreen?

Attachments:
2014-08-18_163001_1024x768.png
2014-08-18_163001_1024x768.png [ 156.22 KiB | Viewed 10581 times ]

For all Toughbook owners with a working touchscreen, the menu item Touchscreen Calibration that takes you to a blank screen is NOT needed. You have two choices to use it. Either right click on the menu item and save it as Desktop. Then when you run it you can calibrate your screen. Two, from Freedesk.org, using Debian, the Xinput_Calibrator command is run in Terminal, and then follow the directions in my first post to make it stick. All is good now on this coast. In otherwords, if you were on a Linux Mint distro (other than Debian), you would add the touchscreen calibrate from Software Manager (sources), and then run. On Navigatrix you go into Terminal and run Xinput_Calibrator to cal your touchscreen, to make it stick, follow the directions above and then you won't have to keep doing it each time when you boot up the system. Cheers!

Attachments:
File comment: Just trying out the gps on this little CF-18
2014-08-19_161111_1024x768.png
2014-08-19_161111_1024x768.png [ 349.81 KiB | Viewed 10570 times ]

Thanks for the info, uncndl1.
Now that I think about it, running xinput_calibrator in a terminal makes sense.
It is good now. I did add the following code to enable right-click on the touchscreen.

Code:
Option "EmulateThirdButton"  "1"
Option "EmulateThirdButtonMoveThreshold" "50"

Here is what my 99-calibration.conf file looks like:

Code:
Section "InputClass"
   Identifier   "calibration"
   MatchProduct   "LBPS/2 Fujitsu Lifebook TouchScreen"
   Option   "Calibration"   "272 3976 329 3883"
   Option   "SwapAxes"   "0"
   Option "EmulateThirdButton"  "1"
   Option "EmulateThirdButtonMoveThreshold" "50"
EndSection

Kudos for the right-click code goes to a member of TBT, kode-niner.

This was done on a CF-29MK4 running Navigatrix0.5.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024