The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: How do I install navigatrix using a USB drive

I have the navigatrix software install in a USB drive.
I am trying to install the software in a old computer that used to use windows 7.

I press ESC once I turn on the computer but it does not allow me to have access to the USB drive.

Can someone tell me which are the other commands to have access to the USB drive?

Thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: How do I install navigatrix using a USB drive

After turning on the computer, while it is booting up, usually you can change the boot order from the original (hard drive) to either usb or cd/dvd. On my Panasonic Toughbook, pressing F2 during boot up takes me into Bios Settings where I can change the boot order. I would do a Google Search for your computer, and ask how to change boot order in bios, i.e.:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthepro ... change.htm
You could also just try using F2 6r F12. Sometimes while the computer is booting up, you will see a splash screen telling you what key to press. What's the name and model number of your computer?

Thank you. The name brand of the computer is balboa
runs windows 7 and intel Antom.

the problem with the pc is that is lock..
Sorry, the computer boot certificate has expired and the machine is now locked. please contact your computer administrator to obtain an unlock code for your computer to be unlocked.
unique hardware C8-9C-DC-02-57-2C
boot tick 00 00 03
S/N: 0F-00-00-0A-05-00-03-02-00-04-01-03-09-05-0C-0A-06-0F-04-04

Are you ready to enter the unlock code?

Thats the message that i am getting.

Well, you could try to contact your administrator to get your system unlocked ;)

If this is the bios password that is asked and you don't have it, try to remove the cmos battery- this might reset the bios to factory settings.

Google "unique hardware boot tick S/N:" there are some spanish sites popping up which might help with your problem.

HTH,
Christian

It's difficult to tell if your problem comes from not turning off the "Secure Boot" in the BIOS/UEFI. Secure Boot was, in part, Microsoft's attempt to keep hardware from migrating to other operating systems.

It could also be a bit more complicated/insidious:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_install/sorry-the-computer-boot-certificate-has-expired/7b125910-d100-4071-bda0-d063c0469d17
Post in Thread wrote:
I sent my CTL CL1 netbook into CTL for repair. they said that Windows 8 does some sort of verification with the BIOS in place of a key-based authentication. and since the BIOS on this machine pre-dates the functionality Windows 8 expected, it caused this behavior. the only repair they could offer is to replace the mother board.

bad news all around i think

If you cannot disable "Secure Boot" and use a Legacy boot option, you can blame Steve Balmer.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024