The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: HDD Installatiolation Problem - Help Please?

If I run Navigatrix from a USB stick (live) on my Dell Latitude D410, then apart from being very slow, it works well.

If I 'INSTALL' to the HDD, then after being informed installation complete and rebooting, the machine never completes the reboot. It just sits with a flashing cursor on a black screen.

Any ideas please?

EDIT... If I install Linux Mint, it works ok. Would like Navigatrix on it tho

Post subject: Re: HDD Installatiolation Problem - Help Please?

Tell us more. How much space have you allocated; the number and size of partitions? Are you using a dual boot, or what? etc, etc?

Moe wrote:
Tell us more. How much space have you allocated; the number and size of partitions? Are you using a dual boot, or what? etc, etc?

Hi
Allocated whole drive ACCEPT for small SWAP partition. No dual boot. Asking for Navigatrix to replace current O/S (Linux Mint)

Not finding the installation procedure at all intuative. Guess that's Linux. It 'assumes' I already know what i'm doing;-)))

Probably a silly question, but you did remember to change your boot sequence back to look for an OS on the HDD first right?.

The Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/Navigatrix/etc family use essentially the same backend (ubiquity) to install, just the window dressing is different.

It's most likely a minor hiccup.

I'm still travelling so it will be another day or so before I can walk through the process.

Thanks guys
No idea why or how, but after numerous go's, it went through ok. Don't think i did anything different;-)

Now i have Navigatrix installed as the only OS, should i still be able to install another Linux along side it? I realise i should probably have done the other way around.

Quote:
Now i have Navigatrix installed as the only OS, should i still be able to install another Linux along side it?

No problem as long as you have sufficient drive space... Depending on installer, you may have to fiddle with grub for default boot order. As long as you have your Nx stick, you can play around and know you can always start over if you muck it up beyond recovery.

Enjoy..

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024