The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: remote desktop

I can't find in new release of Navigatrix the software for remote desktop, can you help me?

Post subject: Re: remote desktop

I think the application you are looking for is called gitso.

For some reason the menu entry (Menu> Internet> Remote Support) is not working on this machine. It might be my own doing as I tend to break things.

If the menu entry doesn't work for you, it will work if you can call the application from the terminal
Code:
gitso
Good luck.

No way Moe, i'm sorry but I mean the software I'm looking for is the similar of Remote Desktop on Microsoft Windows, and in the older version of Navigatrix there was it, I remember that it worked properly, but now there is only Gitso, but this is a software used to request assistance like "Teamviewer"

Moe wrote:
I think the application you are looking for is called gitso.

For some reason the menu entry (Menu> Internet> Remote Support) is not working on this machine. It might be my own doing as I tend to break things.

If the menu entry doesn't work for you, it will work if you can call the application from the terminal
Code:
gitso
Good luck.

Last edited by torototeo on 11 Nov 2014, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

Here it is:
https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/vinagre/
but I don't know how install it.

That would be Menu> Preferences> Package Manger.

If this is your first time, Reload. The "Quick Find' will show up after a first time reload-restart. If you're going to do a lot of software investigation (Why not?), pick a repository closer to your currently location via the Setting> Repository menu. It's not necessary, but can help with speed, depending on how much you do.

Poke around. Click a wrong button. At this level of interaction, it's hard to do damage more painful than the loss of time/money installing/re-installing. The education is always more valuable.

When you have a updated list of available package, search for vinagre, tick the box to add/remove package(s), go wild.

From the command line that would be
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install vinagre && echo 'GO WILD'
going wild is not essential.

Thank you Moe, you are always a gentlemen!

Moe wrote:
That would be Menu> Preferences> Package Manger.

If this is your first time, Reload. The "Quick Find' will show up after a first time reload-restart. If you're going to do a lot of software investigation (Why not?), pick a repository closer to your currently location via the Setting> Repository menu. It's not necessary, but can help with speed, depending on how much you do.

Poke around. Click a wrong button. At this level of interaction, it's hard to do damage more painful than the loss of time/money installing/re-installing. The education is always more valuable.

When you have a updated list of available package, search for vinagre, tick the box to add/remove package(s), go wild.

From the command line that would be
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install vinagre && echo 'GO WILD'
going wild is not essential.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024