The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: keyboard layout switch combination

Just installed new version. There is no key combination to switch between languages again. Same one was occured in some previous releases but then was fixed.
So, i have installed language i need and can switch it going to scat-preferences-keyboard layout but this is abnormal, complicated way.. there are no any key combinations work..

Are anybode know the way to fix?

Post subject: Re: keyboard layout switch combination

I was not aware there was a 'key-combination' to change languages (like <ctrl><alt><t> to open a terminal, or <ctrl><window><down> to invert the display, etc.).

All key bindings are located ~/.config/openbox/navigatrix-rc.xml as The Other David (CapCouillon) pointed out in his post Turn Laptop Screen On and Off While Machine Stays Running

Do you remember what the key stroke combination was?

...and in the interim, you can always change languages via Menu> Preferences> Language Support

Yes, i meant key bindings. What exact string should i change to assign like Ctrl+Shft binding to switch between languages? I mean keyboard input lang.

Actually i have not found any strings assigning any for switching between languages.

The application on Navigatrix responsible for language selection is /usr/bin/gnome-language-selector.

You can either use Menu> Preferences> Language Support edit the ~/.config/openbox/navigatrix-rc.xml file, find a vacant key binding, or commandeer a key binding you do not mind loosing.

It would have a structure similar to:
Line 362-371 wrote:
<!-- Keybindings for running applications on Home + E -->
<keybind key="W-e">
<action name="Execute">
<startupnotify>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<name>PCManFM</name>
</startupnotify>
<command>pcmanfm</command>
</action>
</keybind>
where you replace the command (pcmanfm) with gnome-language-selector, or some such. I've not tested it.

I know of no way to change the system language "on the fly" (without logging off).

Maybe someone else does. I don't.

This will give you better guidance than I could....

http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Bindings#Key_bindings

Have i understood you correct, i need to make following changes in ...-rc.xml file:

Code:
<!-- Keybindings for running applications on Home + E -->
<keybind key="Shft-Ctrl">
<action name="Execute">
<startupnotify>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<name>PCManFM</name>
</startupnotify>
<command>gnome-language-selector</command>
</action>
</keybind>

Has avobe proper synax (mainly in scope of "Shft-Ctrl") and if it will work to request language change dialog from keyboard?

Or i need to use modifiers like "S-C" instead of "Shft-Ctrl"?

That's the general idea, except <keybind key="Shft-Ctrl"> is not the proper syntax.

Look at other examples and imitate them. For example
Lines 410-415 wrote:
<!-- Turn Off Screen on Ctrl + Alt + S-->
<keybind key="C-A-S">
<action name="Execute">
<command>scroff</command>
</action>
</keybind>
Ooops, sorry, S is not Shift, at least for me it didn't work. (It wasn't upper case "S" at all, but lower case "s"...go figure.)

That's the thing...you can set it up with what ever works in any key combination you want. It just has to work.

You will still need to use the same application that you would use via the Menu.

...and I recommend making a backup before you start
Code:
cp ~/.config/openbox/navigatrix-rc.xml{,.backup}

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024