The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Problem with installing Navigatrix on old California Access

Hi Guys
I have been trying to instal Navigatrix on my old Califrornia Access d410s and i failed...
I was trying by bootable dvd
using boot menagers to force read from usb
and only what i get was black screen with hal.dll missing or corrupt.
any ideas how to fix my problem?

Post subject: Re: Problem with installing Navigatrix on old California Acc

You're not ever making it to the system to boot.

hal.dll is a Windows thing.

I'm guessing some setting in the BIOS, or a corrupt ISO/DVD/USB that is falling back to a buggered up Windows installation on the hard drive.

If you could be more specific, like have you modified the BIOS, details, etc., about what you have done, or are doing we might be able to figure something out.

Hi.
i tried to use plop boot manager.
That same copy run perfect on another laptops with vista and macbook.
CA is running on xp.

Something is not right in the boot process, because you should not see hal.dll at all.

Did the others need Plop?

What are your BIOS options?

On bios i have
cd/dvd
network
hard drive
external drive.

Others don't need plop.
I will try external drive when i will able to reach.

hlehle wrote:
I was trying by bootable dvd
using boot menagers to force read from usb
Is the system on a USB stick or a DVD? or both? Which method have you tried?...or have you tried both. Were the outcomes the same, or just similar? Which method would you like to use?

Because if it's DVD, both Plop and forcing it read from the USB would be superfluous.

If the system is on a USB, the external drive might be the ticket. It says, look for boot instruction here, at the end of this USB connector, first. Then, again, maybe not, as Navigatrix on a USB is known as a LiveCD. Something is amiss because you have a black screen and the machine can't find a Windows component (hal.dll).

Some older machines made distinctions between external hard drives and external CD drives and a freshly made USB stick might not fit into Slot A(external hard drive), or Slot B(external CDROM drive), even though it physically fits into the same USB slot. In your case, External Drive is ambiguous if that distinction is made or not.

In this case Plop might be necessary. But regardless, if you have tried both DVD and external drive options, and you do ultimately require Plop to boot, you are not seeing a Plop response and need to double check your Plop installation.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024