The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Re: update opencpn

I am trying to upgrade Opencpn.. no idea what the password is. How do I go from here ?

|

gtc@BAATEN:~$ sudo apt-get remove install-info && sudo add-apt-repository ppa:opencpn/opencpn && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install opencpn opencpn-doc opencpn-tcdata opencpn-gshhs-low opencpn-gshhs-crude opencpn-gshhs-intermediate opencpn-gshhs-high opencpn-gshhs-full
[sudo] password for gtc:

The password is what you created when you did your hard drive installation.

If you can't remember it you can reset your password following the next steps:

1. Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
  2. Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
  3. Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
  4. Press e for edit.
  5. Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
  6. Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
  7. Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
  8. Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
  9. Type in passwd gtc <-- your username
  10. Set your new password.
  11. Restart your system.

Good Luck.

The same process to 'restore' a password, but with pictures

Many thanks Moe, radar plugin installed.

Geir

Cool.

. . . . . When I upgraded OpenCPN from 3.3X to 4.0 using instructions here, I lots all the original Plug-in's which came with it when I installed Navigatrix!

Steve/G4MJW

I never checked if the old and the new default OpenCPN plugin directories are in the same places, or if they have been moved.

The other question is if the old plugins are still compatible with 4.0.0 for whatever reason...I don't know, Things change. I'm not paying attention.

If there is neither the change in location, nor a change in attachment, it might be just a matter of reminding the new version what's going on.

Moe wrote:
Ora si sono solo scherzi con me.

I don't know what you want to write... i'm not joking...
perhaps the best think that I can do is reinstall navigatrix...

p.s. i don't know how I can attache the file... "the extension .*** is not allowed"!!

Diecicentouno wrote:
Moe wrote:

p.s. i don't know how I can attache the file... "the extension .*** is not allowed"!!

Run the following command from the terminal:
Code:
uname -r
if it doesn't say 3.13.9-dsp then you should get the latest version of Navigatrix and everything will work.

If you want to attach files to posts the easiest procedure is to rename the file <original_file_name_with_extention.ext>.doc

That is, append the whole name+extension with .doc. For example, you want to attach a file called, kamikaze.sh; shell scripts are not allowed, as are a bunch of others. Rename it kamikaze.sh.doc and the machine will accept it.

Other people will have a clue what it is.

The stumbling block you encountered was set up by the authors of the site software to keep malicious code from operating on the website, not to just be irritating.

Moe wrote:
Diecicentouno wrote:
Moe wrote:

Run the following command from the terminal:
Code:
uname -r
if it doesn't say 3.13.9-dsp then you should get the latest version of Navigatrix and everything will work.

If you want to attach files to posts the easiest procedure is to rename the file <original_file_name_with_extention.ext>.doc

That is, append the whole name+extension with .doc. For example, you want to attach a file called, kamikaze.sh; shell scripts are not allowed, as are a bunch of others. Rename it kamikaze.sh.doc and the machine will accept it.

Other people will have a clue what it is.

The stumbling block you encountered was set up by the authors of the site software to keep malicious code from operating on the website, not to just be irritating.

Thank you Moe, I think that tis is the problem! 3.8.11 the result!
Now, how I can update Navigatrix?

The easiest way is to download the new image, (download.php) and create a new USB or DVD.

Moe wrote:
The easiest way is to download the new image, (download.php) and create a new USB or DVD.

thank you very much!

In the end, if you can't win with dazzling brilliance, improve your chances with enduring persistence. The race goes to those who finish.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024