The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: samsung n150 keyboard not recognised?

Hi,

I´m trying to install Navigatrix 5 on my Samsung n150 (with a 64gb ssd and 2g ram) It runs fine from the usb-stick, but when i installed it on the harddrive (ssd) and reboot, it´s impossible to type my password. The keys are all wrong. When installing other linux distro´s (mint, ubuntu, etc) i always choose the same keyboard ´english (us) with dead keys¨ Always works! Except with Navigatrix 5. I had no problems with the previous version.
I´ve tried several times to install it again, but every time the same problem. An example; if i type my username ¨martijn¨ in the ¨other¨option, it looks like this : 0art51n
Very strange, is there a solution for this problem?

Martijn

Post subject: Re: samsung n150 keyboard not recognised?

0art51n wrote:
if i type my username ¨martijn¨ in the ¨other¨option, it looks like this : 0art51n

Dat is het ingebouwd nederlandse vertaler

Seriously, that's a <Fn><NmLk> toogle on laptops. It gives a 'numeric key pad' on keyboards that should not have one, but want one anyway.

Generally, there is a key with a blue Fn on it. The Fn is for fun. (The only thing missing is "U".) Find the other key that if has a 'number lock' (NmLk, frequently) on it.

Hit them both at the same time, try it. It toggles; m=0, j=1, k=2, l=3, u=4, i=5, o=6, p=*, 7,8,9 are 7,8,9, and 0=/, back and forth.

It was done to confuse us.

I mean, it's a feature.

Thanks, it works! When looking at the keyboard, there is a big blue ¨0¨ in the left corner of the ¨m¨ key... :oops:

Martijn :)

The second time it happened to me I didn't panic.

But, the markings are easily forgotten and glossed over. They're nearly invisible in low light. On this keyboard <Fn> and <Hibernate> are right next to <shift> and <underscore>...I eventually learn.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024