The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: satellite phone hang-up

Hello, I'm at my first experience with an Inmarsat IsatPhonePro and Navigatrix - Airmail.
It works perfectly, too much perfectly... because once connected, I don't know how to hang-up the call.
In the satellite connection window, CTRL-C only close the window, but the connection stays up.
Any suggestion?
Thank you!

Post subject: Re: satellite phone hang-up

Open up wvdial.conf, the configuration file for the dialler,
Code:
gksudo medit /etc/wvdial.conf
Inside will be a line
Quote:
Init2 = ATV1E0S0=0&D2&C1
or
Quote:
Init2 = AT &F E0 V1 &D2 &C1 W2 S95=47 S0=0 +cbst=71,0,1
or
Quote:
Init2 = ATS0=1V1X4E1Q0&c1
or
Quote:
Init2 = ATV1E0S0=0&D2&C1
After you have unscrambled your eyes, look for &D2 in the line.

As you see only example #3 lacks &D2

&D2 means to hang up and return to command mode after losing DTR (data terminal ready).

If it's not there put it in the line, anywhere in front of another &...like the others, with or without spaces. for example
Code:
Init2 = ATS0=1V1X4E1Q0&D2&c1
Save and try it out.

If your configuration file already has the command &D2 in the Init script, well, I'm stumped as perfection only goes so far. There is, however, the button on the phone as a last resort, primitive, I know, but it will have to do until something better comes along.

There is ATH, which is the "slam-down-the-phone" hang up command, but I don't know where to put it in the dialling script so you're not hanging up before your finished with the connection.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024