The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: How to connect a multiplexer

I am trying to connect an external multiplexer into Open CPN. I The multiplexer has been tested on a windows system and is doing fine. I want to feed NMEA 0183 data, AIS signals, Seatalk and Radar signals into Open CPN. I connected the multiplexer via a USB cable to my Navigatrix computer. When I open Open CPN, I see the charts etc, but no other signals. At one point I received the message 'access to serial port NMEA denied, please add to correct group'. When I typed into the terminal the command line sudo usermod-a-G dialout dsr (as was suggested to me by the computer), nothing happened. I checked the firewall, added to allow UDP port 10110, and while this shows in the to add box, it does not show up in the list of allowed directions. Can anyone point me in the right direction how to connect this multiplexer without me doing damage to the settings in Navigatrix or Open CPN?

Post subject: Re: How to connect a multiplexer

Changes to user group memberships only take effect after the next login, so it may be that your fix will eventually work.

-- rec --

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024