The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Remote Desktop in 0.5

The documentation says you can share your desktop using VNC and its on the Internet menu
'Remote Access: Share your desktop using a VNC server. You could for example run OpenCPN
below decks and repeat the desktop image to another display/tablet on deck via a wifi link.'

I am running Navigatrix 0.5 (Aug 2015) and it is not on the Internet menu and I cant find it elsewhere

Post subject: Re: Remote Desktop in 0.5

It's called Remote Support, as the name Gitso doesn't ring many bells.

I've had some trouble with the VNC view window crashing, but found the No Machine quite good.
Attachment:
Remote_Support.png
Remote_Support.png [ 233.93 KiB | Viewed 13716 times ]

Post subject: Re: Remote Desktop in 0.5

Thanks. The "get/give suppor"t foxed me - I didn't now that was VNC. But I found VNC difficult to use.

On the other hand NoMachine works beautifully! I have a navigattrix machine at home to try stuff out. I just connected both a Mac and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet to it and was able to use OpenCPN. Of course that is no so much the point as I can use OpenCPN on the Tab in the cockpit anyway, and indeed get the gps from gpsd on the Navigatrix computer if I had a tablet without gps.

One of the things I wanted to be able to do was for example to run AirMail without leaving the cockpit. I think that will work fine.

Nice to be able to do this with teh screen switched off to save power too!

Perhaps NoMachine could go in to the Nvigatrix distro... so useful that it covers all devices Linux/Win/Mac/Android/Ipad.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024