The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Airmail on NX

My Airmail reacts some time funny. If I open the Catalog window it takes at least up to 4 minutes before the window is opening. This is happening also if i make set up fir Telnet or data input on the position window. If I look to the processor use, it says 100% in use. Whhat could be the problem and how to solve it.

Ferdinand

Post subject: Re: Airmail on NX

Airmail is a Windows program. It runs on Wine, (Wine, originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator", is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on Linux systems).

Windows programs run on Wine with varied degrees of success and are ranked, Platinum, Gold, Silver depending how well they work.

Airmail runs, but looses some functionality with Wine. Navigatrix has some 'helping scripts' to restore some of the functionality.

Looks like something broke. I know that's not very helpful, but this area is pretty dark for me. Did you update something, like Wine?

No, I have not updated Wine yet. How do I do it?

Ferdinand

Site Admin

Have a look at this thread for wine update instructions (look for David's response in the threat).

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=480&hilit=wine+airmail

I remember the update fixing the same issue for me a while ago.

I have updated the Wine according to the instructions. Now it will take 1:15 min to open the catalog file for the grib. If I downloaded the query and like to save the file in my grib directory, than the rock-n-roll stars again. I have to wait for long time to get the save window. If I look to the processor it is 100% in use and nothing is moving. So normally I will terminate the process of airmail and than the window will come up for saving the file. Not yet fully satisfactory.

We will wait for the next update. But the Navigatrix is wonderful to use.

Yeah, I just checked on an updated system and Airmail went into a death spiral.

I didn't check its state before, so I assume it's from the update of something. What, what broke, and how to fix are the next questions.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024