The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Off line Wiki after installing 0.5

After I installed NX 0.5 some weeks ago I do not have access to Wiki offline. I've got a folder 'offline wiki" about 1.1 GB but no way I have tried to open it works. Not from inside Kiwix, nor in File Manager nor by copy and paste, drag and drop....

Post subject: Re: Off line Wiki after installing 0.5

It's not there because it's a HUGE download.

The FAT32 partition that is used on USB sticks so people can add "stuff (charts, video, whatever) from a Windows system, will not handle files over 4GB...it just doesn't work.

If put Navigatrix on an 8GB stick there is no room.

If you use a 32GB stick, you are still limited to 4GB/file.

If Navigatrix is installed it's an entirely different situation.

Check out your options.

http://www.kiwix.org/wiki/Content for a broad range of offline content for the Kwix reader. Just remember the 4GB limit on FAT32.

Post subject: Re: Off line Wiki after installing 0.5

Moe, thanks for the answer, I know what you are saying, it just came as a big, and bad, surprise. I really used the off-line wiki a lot and on my earlier installation I remember the file at 3.x GB, version without pics that is. I got this from a friend a couple of years ago, and on my 8GB stick at the time. Thus it assumed it would be included in this new version too, but here I am with my long nose... -:O

Sounds like I have to wait until having a fast internet connection to get it, likely gonna fly back home this year to visit family so no disaster, just a 'nuance of nuisance"

On another note, yesterday I read a news story that Apple have Ben hit by ransomwRe for the first time! On has to chose ones options all comes at a risk

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024