The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Navigatrix Ciego

:?: He bajado Navigatrix , lo he instalado en un pendrive de 16 Gibabytes y corre en una netbook asus con procesador de 32 bytes , veo mis cartas náuticas correctamente tanto Bsb como S57 cuando abro openCPN, al usar un GPS Garmin el mismo aparece automáticamente, no así al conectar un Lowrance, de todos modos desde la caja de herramientas lo pude habilitar, tal como lo hago en Windows usando el puerto com, los conecto por medio de un cable serie USB. Tengo un VHF que uso con shipplotter donde veo a través de la placa de audio todos los tracks AIS, al conectar usando Navigatrix no aparece nada, fugazmente tira un cartel avisando algo mono. Las ventajas de llevar toda la info en un pendrive creo que serian excelentes, me independizo del Windows y sus distintas versiones. Si alguien me puede dar algún dato muy agradecido.[color=#000000][/color]
I downloaded Navigatrix, I have installed on a flash drive of 16 gigabytes and runs on a asus netbook processor with 32 bytes, I see my charts correctly both Bsb as S57 when I open OpenCPN, using a Garmin GPS it appears automatically, not to connect a Lowrance, anyway from the toolbox I could enable, as I do in Windows using the com port, I connect via a USB cable series. I have a VHF use with ShipPlotter where I see through the audio board all AIS tracks, connecting using Navigatrix nothing appears, fleetingly throws a monkey poster warning something. The advantages of carrying all the info on a flash drive would be excellent think I independent of Windows and its different versions. If someone can give me some information very grateful.

Post subject: Re: Navigatrix Ciego

Ok, am I to understand, all works, except the Lowrance GPS and the AIS from the VHF radio?

If so, how are these devices physically connected to the computer?

No tengo ninguna idea. La problema podria resolverse diciendo gpsd dedonde se encuentra el device. En este caso, necesitamos saber como que estan unidos a la máquina.

Pero, parece que hay dos problemas separados. Puede elegir cual nos fijamos primero.

Voy a investigar un simple conjunto de comandos para encontrar una solución, probarlo, y hacerlo permanente.

Moe wrote:
Ok, am I to understand, all works, except the Lowrance GPS and the AIS from the VHF radio?

If so, how are these devices physically connected to the computer?

No tengo ninguna idea. La problema podria resolverse diciendo gpsd dedonde se encuentra el device. En este caso, necesitamos saber como que estan unidos a la máquina.

Pero, parece que hay dos problemas separados. Puede elegir cual nos fijamos primero.

Voy a investigar un simple conjunto de comandos para encontrar una solución, probarlo, y hacerlo permanente.

I can connected the GPS LOWRANCE using the box connection of Opencpn, the own ship is showing red, but do not recognize this information other programs, connecting a Garmin eTrex GPS using the same USB cable series, the information is distributed correctly.
Second Problem, The AIS information is taken from a modified VHF, and introduced to the audio board, and does not represent info AIS. (Using the cable in program ShipPlotter in windows, I see all the info smoothly).

When you say
Quote:
connected the GPS LOWRANCE using the box connection of Opencpn
You don't (or shouldn't have to) connect anything to anything, except plugging in a USB, a USB/serial adaptor, or a serial port...or network if you insisted.

If you have, or add a gps to the system, all the "location" "time" information is handled by the gpsd, the gps daemon that runs all-things-gps in the system. All data is shared on network security level channels, yadda yadda; no application shall have exclusive control of the gps signal data by having it be assigned to it, except the gpsd...that daemon.

You should just be able to plug it in and say, "Wow, it works. Estaba ciego, pero ahora veo.

But sometime they don't work and the more clearly a problem can be describe, the more definitive solution can be derived.

If you have made changes, just undo them so everyone is looking at the same problem.

The most robust and informative tool is Menu> Navigation> GPS Satellites (xgps). The Response Bar in particular tells all that it sees, just the daemon, the sensor, the satellites, the fix...down the list.

Fire up the system, plug the Lowrance in to the system, launch xgps, see what data comes out after you've had a cup of coffee. Some gps have no battery memory and have to cold start all over again if you're just swapping.

Site Admin

For the AIS to work you have to make sure the correct sound card input is selected. The configuration for this is in "/etc/gnuais.conf". The line to edit says "SoundDevice hw:1,0". Use the command "arecord -l" to see a list of all available recording devices and put the correct one into the "SoundDevice" configuration. Just a guess, yours might be "SoundDevice hw:0,0". Enter "savecfg" to make the configuration permanent if you run your system from a usb stick. This will also work without permanent casper-rw file and survive "factory reset" from the usb boot menu. The saved configuration will also be used if you install to a harddrive. If already installed you wont need to do "savecfg".

David wrote:
For the AIS to work you have to make sure the correct sound card input is selected. The configuration for this is in "/etc/gnuais.conf". The line to edit says "SoundDevice hw:1,0". Use the command "arecord -l" to see a list of all available recording devices and put the correct one into the "SoundDevice" configuration. Just a guess, yours might be "SoundDevice hw:0,0". Enter "savecfg" to make the configuration permanent if you run your system from a usb stick. This will also work without permanent casper-rw file and survive "factory reset" from the usb boot menu. The saved configuration will also be used if you install to a harddrive. If already installed you wont need to do "savecfg".

AIS targets.
According to the latest tips and doing different tests on both desktop and on board the results were as follows.

1. Using the arecord-l command the system warns that the list or file does not exist .
       2. But also trying to modify ¨"SoundDevice hw:0,0" using the command savecfg I can do because, I do not have privileges to modify it.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024