The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Class B AIS not working

Hi
Using Open cpn and a modified VHF radio I now have AIS on board. I receive class A transmissions as far as 25 miles away, but receive no class B transmissions even from boats anchored next to me. As far as I can figure out the only difference between A ând B signals is the power output but I have been wrong before, and there might be a different sentence that might need decoding.

Any gurus out there please help.
Philani

Post subject: Re: Class B AIS not working

This is where the hardware people point fingers at the software people, and the software people point back.

If you can't boost the signal through AIS Decoder Adjustment (Manta>Preferences>AIS Decoder Adjustment, check the Antenna, Radio, the conversion, or the connection to the soundcard....or check that the guy who says "Yeah, I've got my Class B AIS turned on" actually does and it works.

If you were getting no data at all it might be something else. But with Class A getting through is sounds like an attenuated signal not making it through to the AIS modem (gnuais)....and/or not allowing enough time for the Class B to chime in.....it's what? every 10 minutes?

Post subject: Re: Class B AIS not working

Hi Moe

Checked all that and still not receiving The boat next door is transmitting, other boats with So called commercial receivers in the anchorage is seeing him. I´ll keep fiddeling and trying

JB

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024