The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Mouse Pointer wont move

Hi, Just installed Navigatrix on a Thinkpad T61p but the mouse pointer won't work. Strangely it worked fine in the live version but not when installed to disk. Any solutions?

Post subject: Re: Mouse Pointer wont move

Could you plug in an external mouse to help diagnose if it's a touchpad problem or the issue is somewhere else?

Moe wrote:
Could you plug in an external mouse to help diagnose if it's a touchpad problem or the issue is somewhere else?

I have Gnomebuntu 14.04 installed and that works fine with the trackpad so it is not a physical issue, also while running in "live" mode Navigatrix the trackpad (and pointer) work fine.

...then it's a configuration problem rather than not having the right module.

I'll see what I can come up with to get you back on track.

in the interim try:
Code:
sudo modprobe -r psmouse
followed by:
Code:
sudo modprobe psmouse proto=imps
This removes the module (driver) and then reinstates it with a modified parameter.

If this makes it move we can make the change permanent.

I had a similar problem on the first reboot after the install. After a reboot and moving my finger on the touchpad during the boot process I had a working touchpad. The finger moving thing wasn't necessary after that anymore, in fac I wasn't sure it really did anything, now the touchpad just works as advertised.

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024