The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: Locked out of NX
Site Admin

When switching on my computer today and booting into NX, I was presented with the login screen (usually NX boots without authentification). Strangely, it refuses to accept my password (checked all the usual suspects, CAPS lock, etc.). When booting from another (non-NX) partition I can see that /etc/passwd has not changed in months. Has anyone come across this before and knows how to solve this (or any ideas where to start lookimg)?

Many thanks,
Markus

Post subject: Re: Locked out of NX

Why yes I have. In the last two weeks....

It had something to do with the policykit.

I was experimenting with some different window mangers/desktops, or something along those lines. I stuffed it up.

Beyond that, all I know is it was a pita to get it back, and I don't remember how.

Hi Moe!! complete thread hijack - can yhou have a look at myh "coffee and computers don't mix thread.....I'm (almost) back at square one!! tony

Site Admin

It turned out to be own stupidity (what else?)... I had edited /etc/fstab on the worng partition (assuming I was somewhere else) and thereby deprived the NX partition of a home directory to boot into...

Hope all is well in Sydney!

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024