The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: V16.04 vs v14.06 tests on Nx

Hi guys

I thought I heard a new version of NX was being prepared . The current version of NX runs on Lubuntu 14.06 32 bits , the next version will certainly use V 16.06 .
For my part , I have extensively tested on my old computer (Dell Vostro 1510) different versions of *ubuntu ( Lubuntu , Xubuntu ) both with v14.06 and with v16.06 and also in 32 and 64 bit, my computer permitting this two mode.

Every time, *ubuntu was only settled on a complete disk without any particular parameter or personal modification.
The versions 16 seem unstable, not finalized and crash regularly or are unstable particularly in management of USB ports, on the memorization of the desk and the parameters of XFCE.
The setting in the stand-by mode is not reliable and crashes randomly the computer, forcing it to restart.

Ok , the versions 16 brings many improvements in terms of supported hardware drivers, exotic equipment such as Lexmark or Canon Printer or 3 in 1 printer , ALFA antenna and multiple possibilities of ergonomics but compared to random crashes occurring and other worries difficult to explain, the transition to the new version LTS is to be very extensively tested before validation , especially for us who use Nx as a tool and not " game" .
Have a good week-end,
Best Regards from France,
Philippe

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024