The Navigatrix has been updated. The new website can be found at navigatrix.net.

Post subject: No USB boot, but nothing was changed

Problem:

I have a USB and I used it without problem in the past, now I cannot boot Navigatrix via USB on my ACER ASPIRE laptop as in the past.

The same USB boots normally on HP Envy.

?

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

Post subject: Re: No USB boot, but nothing was changed

The USB stick works in the HP Envy. We can tentatively rule out the stick, or the system on the stick, being corrupted or its media damaged.

This points to something wonky on the Acer itself, or in the mechanical connection with the USB stick.

Depending on your model, there are 2 or 3 USB ports.

When you say it doesn't boot, does it not boot from any of the ports? Are there any errors, or does it just sit there?

Is there any slop, or looseness in the connection that would prevent solid contact (vertically/horizontally) in any of the USB ports?

Do other USB devices work in any/all other ports without making/breaking connection?

The USB stick itself might be the source of the error. While it is good enough for the HP Envy, it might just be out of tolerance enough to not be reliable on the Acer. Have you tried creating another stick with the Navigatrix system on it?

...and finally, the oddest most inconceivable suggestion is the BIOS configuration. Have you looked to see if it has changed?...because machines hate humans and will stop at nothing to drive them crazy.

Post subject: Re: No USB boot, but nothing was changed

Moe wrote:
The USB stick works in the HP Envy. We can tentatively rule out the stick, or the system on the stick, being corrupted or its media damaged.

This points to something wonky on the Acer itself, or in the mechanical connection with the USB stick.

Depending on your model, there are 2 or 3 USB ports.

When you say it doesn't boot, does it not boot from any of the ports? Are there any errors, or does it just sit there?

Is there any slop, or looseness in the connection that would prevent solid contact (vertically/horizontally) in any of the USB ports?

Do other USB devices work in any/all other ports without making/breaking connection?

The USB stick itself might be the source of the error. While it is good enough for the HP Envy, it might just be out of tolerance enough to not be reliable on the Acer. Have you tried creating another stick with the Navigatrix system on it?

...and finally, the oddest most inconceivable suggestion is the BIOS configuration. Have you looked to see if it has changed?...because machines hate humans and will stop at nothing to drive them crazy.

I solve downloading the new version of Navigatrix. :-)

Thanks a lot.
Steve

Search for:

Credits © 2010 - 2024